Sunday 27 June 2010

WORLD CUP-LATEST PREDICTIONS SUNDAY 27 JUNE

WORLD CUP PREDICTIONS FOR TODAY'S GAMES:

Germany v England

The tie of the Second Round - so much history bound up with this one. One of these two previous winners must bow out in Blomfontein today. Neither had a smooth ride through the group stage, and both have injury problems. Nobody could predict this one with great certainty.


For me now - and from here on in - it's about a feeling in the gut. Something is telling me this may not be a classic, and not quite as close as form and history suggests it should be.

MATCH PREDICTION: Germany 0-2 England

Argentina v Mexico

This is a repeat of the second round clash four years ago which Argentina won 2-1 after extra time. Following the 2006 World Cup in Germany I thought for a long time that Argentina would win this next one in South Africa. My doubts started when Maradona became the coach. I am convinced that this generation of Argentinian players will have their day in the sun and win a World Cup, I'm just not sure it's going to be here in South Africa under 'Diego'.

This is the best Mexico side I can remember. They will get at a suspect Argentinian defence, and there'll be goals in this one.

MATCH PREDICTION: Argentina 2-2 Mexico

Mexico will break Maradona's heart by progressing on penalties.








No comments:

Post a Comment